Cannes International Film Festival

• Premium Member
I'd be glad to meet any of you forumers here in Cannes if you ever do... Let me know !

Kodak will be there! We are an official partner of the festival. B)

Please stop by and say hello to my colleagues. :)

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/campaign/cannes2005/

58th Cannes International Film Festival

(May 11-22, 2005)

This year Kodak is an Official Partner of the Festival and has a new type of sponsorship with the prestigious Caméra d'Or Award, giving ?50,000 of negative stock to the winning filmmaker. Becoming an Official Supplier of the Festival, Kodak Digital Film and Imaging Systems has strengthened this partnership. You will find 30 Kodak kiosks in 15 different points spread inside the Palais des Festivals.

Kodak's attendance emphasizes their commitment to the industry by welcoming professionals and supporting youth cinema. Throughout the fortnight, Kodak will be organizing a series of events showcasing the work of young film directors from all over the world.

• Premium Member

I've received my Kodak VIP pass and will come around.

Yes, you need a VIP pass so you can visit Kodak's place in Cannes !

Funny thing Kodak's is may be the only one to be close to not invited people.

(though Fuji is in the Carlton... Very much more funny !)

A bit harsh sometimes. Last year I came with a friend of mine, whos is a sound engineer and they wouldn't let her in...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

John, I was invited at the kodak lunch today. Monique Koudrine - who is defenetly one your "fans" as we all are here, for your knowledge and kindness - sends her regards.

Amat : Will there be another screening of your film during the festival ? Were the reactions good last friday ?

I shot with an Aaton xtrprod  on super 16 framing for 2.35 (7245 and 7217).  I did a DI at Post Logic to end up with a 35mm anamorphic print that looks amazing.

Congratulations Amat - Question... we had a discussion in a different thread about the grain of S16 showing up especially in shots with a lot of monochromatics and skies and focus being hard to keep tight because anything that is off is exagerated. Did you have any of these issues on your film? thanks.