Vision3 50d shot

Jose luis villar

So I've heard (re: tightness of V3 50D). I've shot a little of it, but on 16mm, not 8mm.

I might try to do an experiment using some of this 16mm Wittnerchrome laying around...then repeat the shots on 50D super 8....same lighting etc. Would be cool to see what a bigger guage film with crazier loose grain (and different color sensitivities) does comparably to a smaller guage with that really exceptionally tight grain. Gotta do this and get a 2K side by side. I just wanna see which one gets me closer to this idea in my head...next shoot I'll stick this into the bag.

So I've heard (re: tightness of V3 50D). I've shot a little of it, but on 16mm, not 8mm.

I might try to do an experiment using some of this 16mm Wittnerchrome laying around...then repeat the shots on 50D super 8....same lighting etc. Would be cool to see what a bigger guage film with crazier loose grain (and different color sensitivities) does comparably to a smaller guage with that really exceptionally tight grain. Gotta do this and get a 2K side by side. I just wanna see which one gets me closer to this idea in my head...next shoot I'll stick this into the bag.

Remember that you will also have a vast difference due to reversal vs negative. The color of the grain and the contrast will be completely different... far beyond just the grain and color saturation differences.

It's cool. Overall it's just an eye test. I mean the main concept is...the idea of comparing the inherent funk of bad reversal with the inherent funk of great super 8. Doesn't really require me to get insanely into the cataloging of measurables to catch a whiff of the true vibe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matthew,

I scan in Ochoypico, 1080p 10bits and then apply a light cleaning with Neatvideo, this is because the compression to Vimeo does not handle well the grain. Then, apply some unsharp mask.

For color, rgb curves with PremierPro.

Keil, to develop Vision3 in Europe, i think the best is Andec in Berlin, to scan Ochoypico in Madrid.