Cinematographer in Melbourne, Australia

James Brown

Hi, i am currently studying fiilm at RMIT in Melbourne,

We are in the process of ogranising an industry night, i am in search for proffesionals to come in on one evening and share some of their knowledge with students.

There is a real need for cinematography knowledge within the school as a large amount of the teaching is focused on writing and directing. There is a whole bunch of wanna be DOP's that thrive on the art but without the sufficient resources and teaching these people are starting to lose focus on the area of cinematography.

I hate to see this happen, as like you, my passion is cinematography. This and that is why i am reaching out to a pro in melbourne, anyone would be grateful and much appreciated. The industry night will be around 45 students and 5-6 teachers. Anyone in melb's would be great, DOP's, Cam Op's, Directors, anyone with a passion for Cinematography and the knowledge to share.

Thanks.

Kind Regards James Brown

• Premium Member

Please consider inviting one of the Kodak experts based in Melbourne to one of your seminars: :)

Melbourne Office

Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd

Entertainment Imaging

173 Elizabeth Street

PO Box 90

Coburg VIC 3058

Tel: 1300 139 795

Fax: 1300 652 054

Why don't you contact the Victorian branch of ACS -

Postal Address: PO Box 2023, Sth Melbourne, Vic 3205

e: acsvic@cinematographer.org.au

website is www.acs.asn.au/vic

The vice president is John Bowring at LEMAC - easy enough to contact!

. . . .and of course if you want to get in touch with the lab people, call Ian Anderson at Cinevex - www.cinevex.com.au

• 2 weeks later...