A Most Violent Year by J.C Chandor

• Premium Member

As I think the movie above mentioned is going to be fantastically photographed by Bradford Young and Filmmaker Magazine wrote an article about the movie, it might be of interest if you are looking forward to watching the movie.

http://filmmakermagazine.com/88809-buying-a-burning-building-j-c-chandor-on-a-most-violent-year/#.VKRw98Y_xzw

Have a good day!

Thanks for sharing. "A Most Violent Year" does indeed look to be photographed super well (trailer was gorgeous). Bradford Young is with out a doubt one of the most interesting cinematographers on the rise. If you have a chance I recomend seeing Mother of George its seriously breathtaking work...amazing use of over/under exposure techniques.

In alot of ways Young reminds me of Willis. He often does so little using practicals and naturalistic tecniques, but the result is never simply the in vogue "natural look" or plain realism ....he instead creates these very stylized worlds and because he crafts it so well it still feels very "real" and authentic.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

As you might imagine I have seen all his movies and commercials

Bradford Young's career is quite an interesting one as he keeps shooting "indie commercials" with big brands behind them with a very indie look but he chooses to keep shooting "indie" projects making them look like truly cinematic experiences, although with the money that "A Most Violent Year" cost you could shoot at least 2 big productions in Europe.

He seems to choose the projects very well, well, either him or his agent, which is great.

And he got a lot of practice by shooting on digital at the beginning of his career not so many years ago which allowed him to discover his voice in the cinematography terms.

Best!