Ultra-tight editing

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

A lot of Reality (and "Reality" :rolleyes: ) TV shows now use a (to me anyway) somewhat irritating editing technique where just about every millisecond of hesitation in the dialogue is edited out, so sometimes it sounds more like you're listening to an auctioneer that a normal person.

Is there a particular name for this technique, and is it done with normal editng software, or is it produced by a special package?

(In the past when I have been forced to do this, mainly to sharpen-up an excessively laconic speaker, it always seemed to come out sounding unpleasantly "choppy", so I was wondering if there is some sort of software that smooths the transitions).

I think about the only thing more annoying than this is the now almost universal blurring out of license plates, registered trademarks, faces of passers-by and anything else even faintly legally problematic.

Countless millions of TV hours were broadcast in the past without needing to do this; what has changed?

• Premium Member

Initiation level 32 has decided to unleash the last part of cybernetics which finally converts mankind to total idiots.

Optical bombardment must plague us until we give up, the frontal cortex is cleared.