Some II-BV questions

Jim Moore

I have a new-to-me Arriflex II-BV that I have a few questions about. This is my first 35mm camera and I've never shot film other than with a handheld Super8 so bear with the beginner questions.

The camera came with the 16V variable speed motor. I don't plan on shooting over 24fps often, so for now can I go with a 12V battery?

Looks like the old 2-pin motor cable is nearly impossible to come by, Are they being made by a 3rd party? I have a cable that came with the camera and will have to solder on a 4-pin XLR on the battery end to get going, but I'd hate to use my only cable. Also, which pin is positive and which is negative?

I have the sunshade, the non-bellows type. Where do the filters go? Do they even fit filters? If not what are my options?

I have a 50mm lens for it so I can start shooting, but what was the normal lens configuration on the turret? I was thinking maybe a 28-50-75?

Thanks

Jim

NYC

This eBay seller has the polarized cable (plus and minus sockets are different sizes). Not sure that's the one you need.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171649626872&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

I think that's the one for the governor controlld motor (24fps only).

Cine60 in NY used to have them but I don't see it in their product list anymore.

12VDC should be OK for 24fps as long as battery is at least 5Ah.

JL

Edited by Jean-Louis Seguin