3-perf for 2c?

Michael Baltazar

• Premium Member

I second the above.

I once enquired about a 3 perf IIC at Panavision, and they said that they don't offer it, and they don't think it is even possible/ available. Could be wrong though, but I haven?t heard otherwise

Kevin Zanit

• 11 months later...
We also do 2/3 perf conversions for all cameras including 2C, and probably a little cheaper than P+S.

The super 35 conversion for 2C is a little tricky but also available.

My Webpage 2 perforation conversions

Hello Bruce,

Everyboby seems to say that the Super 35 modification for the 2C is complicated. I was wondering something about the viewfinder. Are the groundglass and the mirror wide enough to handle the modification so that the entire S35 picture could be seen trhu the VF ? Same question for the 2B...

Thanks.

Gregory

Everyboby seems to say that the Super 35 modification for the 2C is complicated. I was wondering something about the viewfinder. Are the groundglass and the mirror wide enough to handle the modification so that the entire S35 picture could be seen trhu the VF ? Same question for the 2B...

---The IIC groundglass isn't wide enough for S35.

So the ground glass would have to be replaced, the finder optics modified and recentered to cover the new ground glass.

A major modification/replacement.

sounds very expensive, particularly for a MOS camera.

---LV

• Premium Member
---The IIC groundglass isn't wide enough for S35.

So the ground glass would have to be replaced, the finder optics modified and recentered to cover the new ground glass.

A major modification/replacement.

sounds very expensive, particularly for a MOS camera.

---LV

Hi,

Normally with a 2c (or Arri 3) its not worth recentering the lens as some Zeiss lenses will hit the mirror. Most primes would still cover the S35 in any case.

Stephen

Hi,

Normally with a 2c (or Arri 3) its not worth recentering the lens as some Zeiss lenses will hit the mirror. Most primes would still cover the S35 in any case.

Stephen

---So you won't have to recenter the viewfinder optics for the new larger ground glass.

But will the veiw finder optics have to be modified to cover the larger Ground glass?

---LV