VNF processing in London

• Premium Member
Does anyone know anywhere that will process 16mm ektachrome VNF in London, or failing that the u.k.?

love

Freya

Usually, the Kodak personnel in each region are very aware of what lab services are offered. Very helpful as VNF use winds down.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/about/ww....1.4.5&lc=en#uk

UNITED KINGDOM

Entertainment Imaging

Kodak Ltd. Kodak House

P.O. Box 66, Station Road

Hemel Hempstead

Herts HP1 1JU England

Phone: +44 1442 845945

Fax: +44 1442 844458

Contact Clive Ogden or Tony Breakspear.

I've not tried anywhere yet! :)

Do you know if they do and also perhaps what the price might be?

love

Freya

Their website is back up.

Sadly it looks to be very expensive, and there is a set up charge.

They claim to be the only lab in the u.k running VNF however.

Guess I could send it to Andec in Germany, but I think I'm going to attempt to home process in E6.

I'm a little worried that the process is different, especially that the film might not fix correctly and deteriorate in the long term which would be a shame, but it seems like other people have had some luck with VNF in E6, so it looks worth a shot.

love

Freya

Usually, the Kodak personnel in each region are very aware of what lab services are offered.  Very helpful as VNF use winds down.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/about/ww....1.4.5&lc=en#uk

UNITED KINGDOM

Entertainment Imaging

Kodak Ltd. Kodak House

P.O. Box 66, Station Road

Hemel Hempstead

Herts HP1 1JU England

Phone: +44 1442 845945

Fax: +44 1442 844458

Contact Clive Ogden or Tony Breakspear.

Do you know I think I'm going to ring them!

I shall tell them you sent me too, so they know who to complain to about getting bothered by some crazy woman! :)

love

Freya

Edited by Freya

Do you know I think I'm going to ring them!

I shall tell them you sent me too, so they know who to complain to about getting bothered by some crazy woman! :)

love

Freya

Actually I just rang and that wasn't a bad experience.

When I rang, I got right through to Entertainment Imaging (none of this trying to explain what cinematography or movie film was!). Then I spoke to a man called Sam who was really nice and helpful. Your two pals were out and about John, and I didn't fancy bothering them on their mobiles.

No good news on the VNF labs tho, they mentioned the widescreen centre who outlab to Andec anyway, but I did get them to send me that DVD of the vision stocks that I have wanted to see for ages, so that's good!

I think I might even ring them again sometime. :)

love

Freya

• Premium Member
Actually I just rang and that wasn't a bad experience.

When I rang, I got right through to Entertainment Imaging (none of this trying to explain what cinematography or movie film was!). Then I spoke to a man called Sam who was really nice and helpful. Your two pals were out and about John, and I didn't fancy bothering them on their mobiles.

No good news on the VNF labs tho, they mentioned the widescreen centre who outlab to Andec anyway, but I did get them to send me that DVD of the vision stocks that I have wanted to see for ages, so that's good!

I think I might even ring them again sometime. :)

love

Freya

I'm glad our chaps were so helpful! :)

• Premium Member
Well they seemed helpful on the phone but then they didn't come through with the goods. Nothing arrived in the post. Maybe I shouldn't have asked a question about the 64T. Oh well.

love

Freya

I didn't say at the time, but when you mentioned talking to "Sam", I don't know anyone working in Entertainment Imaging at Hemel by that name.

Try ringing them again or write: clive.ogden@kodak.com

I didn't say at the time, but when you mentioned talking to "Sam", I don't know anyone working in Entertainment Imaging at Hemel by that name.

Try ringing them again or write:  clive.ogden@kodak.com

It seemed like everyone was out of the office, and I didn't want to bother them on their mobiles! That seemed inappropriate.

I could tell that Sam was trying to find all my answers on a database or something. He was friendly and nice tho.

Maybe there was a really good cheese and wine party happening somewhere!

I will definitely e-mail Clive I think.

Thanks John.

love

Freya

Are there any VNF labs remaining in the US???

Yes Forde will process VNF and they seem quite reasonable.

I hear Dwaynes also do VNF, they certainly do for S8.

There always seem to be lots of options for labs in the U.S.

Here in Europe if you aren't shooting colour neg in 16 or 35mm, it just seems to be Andec and that's it.

I've even thought of shipping stuff to the states myself but I'm scared of all the customs stuff.

love

Freya

Got a reply from Clive already!

He came up with a new lead on the VNF: Film and Photo design on 0208 992 0037.

I shall definitely follow that up!

He's also sending me the DVD of vision stocks.

I think Sam must be Sam Wells who is their student manager (sales), although I could be completely wrong, it depends on how many Sams they have!

love

Freya

I think Sam must be Sam Wells who is their student manager (sales), although I could be completely wrong, it depends on how many Sams they have!

l

It's not me, just one of many impostors or a doppleganger unkown to me :D

(hmm can I order film stock as him ???)

-Sam

• Premium Member
I could tell that Sam was trying to find all my answers on a database or something. He was friendly and nice tho.

Freya

"Sam" is most likely Samuel Clark, who works in the Customer Service area at Hemel Hempstead, but doesn't report directly to Entertainment Imaging, so I don't know him personally.

Clive Ogden is our chief "technical guy" at Hemel.