HDR-HC1 vs DVX100a

vingerhoets

Hi,

I am not a professional, just use my camera to shoot holidays, special occasions.... afterwards I use FCP to edit.

A few weeks ago I was able to see the difference in image quality between a DV and 3CCD on my HD Television, AMAZING!

I am planning on buying a new camera and I would like to have some advice since none of the shops I have been to were able to give me good advice. The only thing I was told that the DVX100a was the best value/cost camera.

I saw that Sony will bring out a new small HDV (HDR-HC1), although it is small in size will the quality of footage as good or better as regular 3CCD?

Please advice, thanks. Jan

• Premium Member

If resolution is what you're going for (a sharper image) then yes the HDV model will look better. I don't know that much about the new Sony model. From its pictures it looks like a cheapy camera. If you don't want to go with the HDV model, honestly a Sony PD-170 is probably more up your alley than a DVX-100A. I think it's a better doc-style camera than the DVX-100A and a few hundred bucks cheaper.

Sony DSR-PD170