Favorite Labs

Shawn Sagady

I am trying to find a lab to work with for my upcoming short film. Planning to shoot Super16 on Kodak 200T (who are already giving us a really great deal) and am looking for a place to develop and get a 2K DPX scan that won't break the bank. I have found a couple labs that have much cheaper rates, but I am a little nervous about them since I have seen a few scans that came out of them that don't look super hot.

This is a not for profit production and minimal budget (Aiming for 20K) About 7200 feet of film if we can do a 10:1 ratio. So if you have a lab you absolutely love I would very much appreciate any recommendations you might have. We will be shooting in Chicago but unfortunately I believe all the labs have closed there so location wont be a huge issue since we will have to ship it one way or another.]

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and taking the time to read this!

• Site Sponsor

Here is a recent job we developed and scanned:

Vista Vision

http://benziryab.com/project/the-negative/

Super-16

http://htl.li/Ywy9p

We have several scan options, from a fast 2K scan to a 5k True RGB Pin Registered S16 scan and you might also want to think about a 1080P HD scan with keycode and timecode from our Spirit-2K and then a selects scan on the Pin Registered 5K machine.

• Upvote 1

Robert thats actually a great idea to save, especially if Cinelab can help me out being an indie production. At least based on the student rate sheet wed be looking at some serious savings doing it that way. edit with a pin registered HD telecine then just do 4k scans of the clips we need once the edit is locked. Do you have a number I can call you to discuss details or should I just call the Cinelab line?