Backup internal battery F5/55

Robin R Probyn

Just finished a long 42 day shoot in Singapore with F5/CN7 .. iDX CW7 wireless.. all performed well in very hot humid conditions..

One problem that just came out of no where was a huge notice in the VF one morning.. about 20% of the VF saying the internal battery needed changing.. there was no warning before.. camera is only 2 years old, ENG camera,s these batts would last up to 5 years.. but not on the F5/55.. (Fs7 when the camera is on, it is actually charging the internal batt)

Replacement,after totally useless Sony Singapore "help" .. i.e. just dont answer the phone all day.. was done by myself in the hotel.. a bit nerve wracking .. as you have to take the side door off.. looking inside the camera with bits lying around all over the place is not for the faint hearted in the middle of a long shoot.. luckily the battery itself was easy to find in Singapore..

So just a word of warning if anyone is heading off on location.. with F5/55.. with a 2 yr old camera.. at least take a spare battery with you and a decent screw driver.. ( not like me!)..