color correction in FCP3

I recently shot for the first time in a hospital with a mix of fluorescent and natural light. Though I have been told that viewers are more forgiving of orange skin tones rather than blue/green, I have a couple of shots I would like to use that are too orange.

Can anyone recomend a technique in FCP3 using a specific color filter ( will a blue balance the image?) to make the look a little more natural?

This was shot on mini DV with a Sony TRV 950.

thanks for any advice.

Rick

• Premium Member

Hi,

While the question is relevant to cinematography, you may find you get better answers over on creativecow or dv.com, where people will have specific experience on the softare you're using.

FCP does have a three-way colour corrector; reducing orange is technically as simple as dragging the targets away from orange, but of course doing so without wrecking the way the rest of it looks is an art as well as a science. You should be able to tweak arond until you find something you like.

Also look for a levels filter; it's a lot easier to use when you're used to it.

Phil

• Premium Member

Post a still (full-rez, no compression) of the image so we can see what you're working with.

Color correction is specific to each image as Phil suggests so it's difficult to offer advice when we can't see it.