arri power cables

Nathan Martin

Hey, i just ordered a 7" 16:9 lcd monitor (not a propper monitor, but the best i can afford currently) i am planning on using it as an onboard monitor mainly on arriflex sr2 and sr3 cameras as they are the most common camera i assist with, i was wondering how i would go about making a new power cable to run off of camera power, its a 12v dc output. From what i understand, arri use lemo plugs and connectors however i dont know the full name of the plug, also these plugs look to be quite pricey, around $100US i believe, i was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper version of the plug or anything like that.

Another option im exploring is small lightweight battary packs, if anyone could tell me the best kind of battary pack to get made up that would be great also

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

p.s. if anyone knows a place that stocks these plugs preferably in sydney australia that would be helpful

Nathan

Edited by Nathan Martin

• Premium Member
Hey, i just ordered a 7" 16:9 lcd monitor (not a propper monitor, but the best i can afford currently) i am planning on using it as an onboard monitor mainly on arriflex sr2 and sr3 cameras as they are the most common camera i assist with, i was wondering how i would go about making a new power cable to run off of camera power, its a 12v dc output. From what i understand, arri use lemo plugs and connectors however i dont know the full name of the plug, also these plugs look to be quite pricey, around $100US i believe, i was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper version of the plug or anything like that.

Another option im exploring is small lightweight battary packs, if anyone could tell me the best kind of battary pack to get made up that would be great also

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

p.s. if anyone knows a place that stocks these plugs preferably in sydney australia that would be helpful

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I would consider using 4pin XLR canon plugs, around 10 bucks each these are widely

used for broadcast video and film applications. Jaycar Electronics in Sydney can sell

you the 12V SLA batteries, chargers and plugs for your monitor.

Cheers

Sean

Edited by Sean_Morris

• Premium Member

Those prices sound right for lemo connectors. The only way to get a discount on those connectors is to either buy it in bulk or find someone else who stocks them and is willing to give you a break on them. You should just be happy youre not dealing with the Fisher 105's for the 24v in on those cameras. I think I paid $170 for one connector from Arri in Burbank.

Thanks for the help guys, i was considering running a 4pin xlr out of the monitor to battary pack however that is a last resort as i know the monitor will drain a bit of power and i will need a fairly heavy battary to give a good run time on the monitor however i want to be able to use this monitor for handheld shots also and a heavy battary is just going to add more weight to the dp/operator. I believe the monitor runs 10 amps of power, could anyone suggest a small light weight power source that could keep this going for an acceptable amount of time? preferably with a short recharge time however i realise i cant be too picky.