Help with Budgeting

jasarsenault

I have ten hours of footage I shot and transfered to dvcam for my offline edit. The footage is in super 16 blw film. I have cut it down to approx. 1 hour. Now I want to send it back to the lab for final transfer to Dbeta for my online. I also want to do a bit of shot grading in the telecine process. Is there a way I can estimate the average cost for my neg cut and the graded transfer cost according to 10 hours of footage being cut and transfered at highest possible quality? What is a good estimate?

• Premium Member

Nowadays labs are so used to ultra low indie jobs that they have no problem with answering these very questions over the phone. Just call up a couple of houses and ask for a sales person. Tell them what you have and what you need. They will explain the process to you briefly and the costs involved. Their attitude is usually that they might be speaking to a person who will bring them 10's of thousands of dollars of work in the years to come. It's business. Simple enough.

good luck

FB

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, i actually got off the phone with one house just now.

And? And?

What did they say? Here's a great opportunity to help out the rest of us with some knowledge you got by making that call.

C'mon, man! Share the info!!!!