Nizo gate help

chris buddy

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience cleaning the gate of a Braun Nizo. I'm specifically working with the Nizo s800 so back loaded cartridge, and a little hard

to even reach down towards the gate. Any specific tools used or thoughts on how to get down there and try to clean? As shown in the below pic, I am trying to clear

that hair in lower right of screen. I guess I can live with it there in the corner if I have to, but would hate to try blowing canned air to find out after shooting some crucial footage that

I pushed it more to center of frame.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Chris

post-17199-0-83119400-1479594985_thumb.jpg

A long straw taped to the end of a vacuum cleaner hose will reach all areas of the NIZO film gate and suck the crud out, rather than risk blowing it past the gate area towards the shutter. Another method is to remove the right side camera body cover, pretty easy to do, and then just be careful, pay attention to the position of the filter knob etc, and replace it the same way as when you removed it. Once removed, you'll have easier access thru the chassis frame of the gate area. Using a strong magnifier and light source, you should be able to see this hair, and then remove it with tweezers, or even a small piece of tape well attached to a small wooden skewer, plastic screwdriver or similar item. This is a common issue with the rear cartridge loading film cameras, thus the side loaders have an advantage in this regard. Hope you get that bugger out!