Focus puller gear in case of steadycam shot

Hi,

Soon I will be DoP in a shoot with a steadycam operator for my first time.

I am making the list of the equipment for the 1AC and I am wondering what type of monitor do I have to get for him.

I believe it has to work wirelessly as the follow focus but what equipment do I need for this?

If I get a TV logic 5.5 and a Transvideo titan transmission system will they work together?

Thanks for clearing my mind.

Alessandro

Hey I've worked with a steadicam op as an AC for a while and we always used a Small HD 702 and Paralinx Arrow+ SDI

I had fantastic results with 600ft of working distance!

I used his Cmotion Handset and Camin 4m Reciever with 2x M26VE Heden Motors for follow focus.

You can also rent Preston FIX Kit or Arri WCU-4

Don't forget to make sure to have a Cart with a docking stand if the steadicam op doesn't have one. Otherwise someone is gonna have to lug around a large Matthews stand everywhere you go!

TV Logic 5.5 is a good monitor, so is the SmallHD 702/502.

Wireless video transmitters can be tricky. Teradecks are decent, but cut out if there are too many "things" in the way such as people, walls, etc.

Wireless FF is key: Preston is top of the line, but the low end DJI focus has proven to be pretty decent. However, I still recommend a higher end wireless FF system that can talk to the camera; hitting record on a flying rig with a steadicam isn't exactly easy. You'll want a FF system that allows the AC to control the camera remotely. The ARRI WCU for the Mini is excellent for this!