take-up spools

Guest obie williams

Guest obie williams

Does anyone have information on obtaining 16mm take-up spools for a K3? Also, are take-up spools universally fitted (can I use the same spools on a Bolex, Eclair, and a K3?) I'm new to the 16mm community and any info regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have information on obtaining 16mm take-up spools for a K3? Also, are take-up spools universally fitted (can I use the same spools on a Bolex, Eclair, and a K3?) I'm new to the 16mm community and any info regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Should be universal. Check with a lab that processes 16mm. They'll probably be happy to give them to you.

As far as the K3 goes, if I remember correctly it takes daylight spools and I think you just need an empty spool, same as the one on the feed side. You should also be able to get these at any lab. I am not sure about the other camera's you mentioned but if you use daylight loads its probably much of the same.

hope this was helpful.

• Premium Member

You are looking for a 100-foot, 16mm, R-90 spool:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/...esP.shtml#cores

r90spool.jpg

Guest obie williams

Thanks to everyone for their prompt and informed responses. I'll check some labs to see if they have some spools laying around. Also, that Kodak link tickled my synapses... lots-o-good/valuable information. Much obliged!