4008ZM2

Chris Alex

Does any body have the Beaulieu 4008ZM2 repair manual?

Do you know where i can find one?

Can anybody post a link?

I wanna know if i can adjust the ramp-up and ramp-down speed at the on-offs.

I posted about making flashes between ends and starts. Somebody said that if i keep the camera on record lock and use the on/off switch , the shutter may remain open.

I did that and it worked but it still starts stoppes real quick even if i film at 70 fps.

Does anybody have any idea of wow i can modify a part of the curcuit so i can acheive what i want? Will it be safe for camera?

Im thinking of installing a capasitor parallel to the on off switch but i want to see the repair manual first.

Thanx a lot.

ALX

• 2 weeks later...
Well i guess nobody can help me..

Or tell me if its a good idea or bad idea...

Should i leave super8 and go to 16mm to have such an option?

The 4008 is a superb camera with features not normally associated with super8 cameras.

I know that Oldtimer cameras in London have copies of the repair manual for the 4008ZM, and I think it is about £30 because I enquired once.

I have bought user manuals off them for other cameras and they seem to give a good service.

The other altenative is that there was someone who posts regularly on the forum at www.filmshooting.com who has pdf files of these manuals for sale. You could try posting a message there. Can't remember his name though.

Hope this helps

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

hi ALX!

You can order a manual for the 4008 here:

http://www.super8.de (go to "ANLEITUNGEN" -> "Beaulieu 4008ZM2")

its about 8 Euros.

There is also a forum where you can ask for something more special (repair, etc.) about the ZM2.

cheers,

Ted