Trouble with Occonor CFF1

Hello folks I am having little trouble and i would love your input. recently i got used Oconnor CFF1 form 1AC and IATSE600 member. I was told unit is in excellent shape , no issues at all. well i received it and its far form good. well i was told that i am incompetent and that i dont understand how Follow Focus works and therefor he wont be accepting returns. After 2 tecks, one rental, several colleagues, gave me opinion that is in sync with my impressions of this FF unit, seller is still saying same old thing: This is just fine and i wont take returns due to buyers remorse...

please take a look at the video and tell me your opinion, if you have you bought this FF advertised as "excellent condition" and if you received this, would you return it? would you feel bad for asking your money back?
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5crXXHF8Mk

• Premium Member

Well I think the fact it's missing one of the swing arm lock-off levers in itself is reason to ask for a refund if it was advertised as in excellent condition. If the thread is stripped as well then it's definitely a damaged unit. Even if you don't always need to swap arm positions, it's a feature of the unit that should work. You're not being unreasonable to ask for a refund if it wasn't advertised as damaged or missing bits.

I don't know what legal standing you have in that regard though.

How did you buy this? If it's through Ebay, you can use their policy to get a refund because the unit isn't working as advertised.

If you bought it through Facebook, Craigslist, or in person then you'll less likely get a refund because there is no policy protecting potential fraudulent advertising.

Your best bet is to get an email from the two service techs who said the unit is broken. You'll need to build a case to convince the seller the item is damaged.

Thanks! i did got this on FB but never the less if you pay by PayPal and if you buy using "pay for Goods" you are covered; to the extent. lets say he wont send it or it gets lost, it is automatic but in this case problem is because i am saying its not OK and he is saying its perfect and what PayPal complaint department know about Follow Focus?! I got evaluation form Oconnors service center so this will put stop to his claims. OC is asking 1000+$ for parts + hours for repair and tax. I hope it will be OK at the end but it is just huge hustle and waist of time. Someone decides that he wants to pull quick one and then you get stuck in this pickle. but that is life. thanks

thanks

Thanks! i did got this on FB but never the less if you pay by PayPal and if you buy using "pay for Goods" you are covered; to the extent. lets say he wont send it or it gets lost, it is automatic but in this case problem is because i am saying its not OK and he is saying its perfect and what PayPal complaint department know about Follow Focus?! I got evaluation form Oconnors service center so this will put stop to his claims. OC is asking 1000+$ for parts + hours for repair and tax. I hope it will be OK at the end but it is just huge hustle and waist of time. Someone decides that he wants to pull quick one and then you get stuck in this pickle. but that is life. thanks

thanks

It's definitely frustrating. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Best of luck!