Paint job

Brendan Schmidt

i repainted my lens shade yesterday with some wrinkle paint and really like how it turned out. The texture looks just like the paint that came on the Arriflex 16s bodies. If a guy were interested in repainting 2 16s bodies, what tools are needed to totally strip the things down to the case, same with the lid. Everything out the outside looks like 2 hole tamper proof bolts, Maybe somebody here that has done it can chime in, would really appreciate it, thanks! Somebody also rigged up a lock for the lid, drilling holes in the cover in the process.i want to remove that too and fill in the holes.

• Premium Member

Total disassembly probably just needs screwdrivers, 2 prong drivers, maybe a lens wrench. I've overhauled a few, never totally stripped one.

Putting it back together so it works properly is where you will need camera technician's tools - depth gauge, micrometer, test lens or collimator, etc, as well as some knowledge about camera specifications and fine mechanics. Not necessary if it's just to go on the mantelpiece.

Okay, so maybe not totally disassemble it, but just enough so that i can paint the thing. i also have cla'd my own Hasselblad 500 c, cm, and elm, along with a Leica III and a few other cameras in the past, but not a cine cam. No, she wont be sitting on the the shelf:P im putting it together piece by piece, i just got a lens, i have film, a battery and a cine 60 belt, mags, a couple matte boxes. I just need a good set of primes and im all set. I am a collector, but i still use all of my cameras. This one is going to be fun to shoot.

Edited by Brendan Schmidt