Leicina Super with Ektachrome 64T

Nick Collingwood

So I snagged a Leicina Super (not RT-1, not Special... I wish!) off craigslist a few months ago from an acquaintance who assured me he's shot lots of Tri-X and it's been great. It does sound a bit rough compared to other S8 cameras I have but whatever.

Problem is, I perhaps gambled too much and took a roll of Ektachrome 64T and the LS to the beach for a cloudy day and shot it. Just got the roll and 2k scan back and exposure is all over the place. Mostly underexposed but occasionally comes up to normal exposure then back to underexposed. It's very odd. The film stock is fine because I shot a roll in my Canon 814XL-S that came out looking brilliant. Also I did notice that the f-stop was closed down in most shots which surprised me but I had read that the LS should read E64T so I let it do it's thing. Big mistake. Sad to have mostly wasted a precious E64T roll.

Any thoughts for why it did that? This is the only roll I've shot with it so maybe it's a bum camera. I believe I had the filter setting on color film-sun (filter engaged) which should be correct.