Battery empty - no warning

Wikse

My problem is that when the battery is empty, the camera warns me only two SECONDS before it shuts down. (I' fast, but not that fast)... I've been in the menu and set the battery warning ON, and changed the type of battery to the right one ( anton bauer DIONIC ) - but still the camera shuts down with only two seconds of warning. Any solution for this? Any menu settings I have missed?

wI

The battery menus (battery settings 2) have a section for setting threshhold voltages for warning and shutoff. For my Dionic 90s I set the near end at 13.8V and end at 13.2V. that gives about 7 minutes of warning before shut down. You can tweak it to whatever values give you the warning you require.

mh

Thank you - how could I miss it?

That will solve my problem, I think. But it sounds early to shut down the camera (end) at 13.2V... Is that what the manufacturer recommends in order to keep the batteries in good shape?

Thank you - how could I miss it?

That will solve my problem, I think.  But it sounds early to shut down the camera (end) at 13.2V... Is that what the manufacturer recommends in order to keep the batteries in good shape?

I tried lower settings, but the batt pooped out before the shutdown could be enabled, causing a hard shutdown and bringing the batt to a critical discharge. Dionics just don't like to run that low. My settings are clearly not SDX menu defaults, but simple experimentation has proven them effective for the camera while maintaining battery health. My batts are about a year old - if yours are newer or older you may want to try slightly different settings.

mh