Fake Money in Shot

Guest FilmmakerJack

Guest FilmmakerJack

Hey, I'm currently working on a short with a shot that involves large ammounts of money ($100 bills) put into a duffle bag. I was wondering, what is the best way to go about this shot to make it look like real money has been placed inside?

• Premium Member
Hey, I'm currently working on a short with a shot that involves large ammounts of money ($100 bills) put into a duffle bag. I was wondering, what is the best way to go about this shot to make it look like real money has been placed inside?

Don't copy the $100 at Kinkos. They are required to report you to the Secret Service!

• Premium Member

Obviously the BEST way would be to fill the duffle bag with $100 bills. You can bundle $1's and put $100's on the outside of the bundles. You can leave the inside of the duffle bag black and ask your audience to assume it's full of money (lol... haven't seen that one yet). You can get passable results using a high-quality scanner and printer. Honestly there's 10,000 ways to shoot that. Just use some common sense to figure out what works best.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

My main concern would be legalities, you copy money, you get arrested. In England atleast.

If I was to do it, I'd just get hold of some light-weight paper, any scanner will do, aslong as it's not more that 6 years old. And a bog starndard office printer.

But the light-weight paper is the main thing.