Fripozo - Directed by Jota Aronak

• Premium Member

A commercial I shot in June just popped and I thought it would be interesting to share it as it is a commercial that was absolutely out of my comfort zone, meaning that I had to light it in a very bright way as per the client's input.

Jota Aronak invited me to shoot this commercial back in June and the images he sent me as a reference where those of a proper looking standard tv commercial: bright, luminous, clean and with not a lot of contrast.

I actually enjoyed the process of creating the light from scratch and even though our budget was really really tiny (as in REALLY TINY) and we had to make images that were out of our comfort zone I think that we both put a bit of our voices into it because we didn't make everything super bright and I was able to create a bit of contrast through colours and with negative fill, which I used as much as I could :D

Our production designer, Carolina Vita, did a fantastic job with the location that was given to her.

We shot two pieces, the proper commercial and a 20" piece that we decided to shoot as a "night" piece to do something different.

https://vimeo.com/226723916

https://vimeo.com/226726106

Pass: Fripozo

Camera Rental Company: Welab

Lighting Rental Company: Iluminacion FM

Have a lovely day and thanks for reading!! :)

The tug of war between not wanting to flaten a commercial image completely but still make it seem high key enough that it's bright and cheerful is a challenge. It's especially tough in a modern apartment with white walls and furnishings because the LUT applications later become more noticeable. I thought that looked great. Nice job.