Fast C-Mount Lens?

Anthony Schilling

Are you looking for a zoom or prime? If you looking for a zoom, you don't have many options. There are a couple of angenieux zooms that are f1.4 and f1.8, they are older and okay in quality but can be nice if you get teh right lens in the right condition. There are lots of primes that you could work with (though not many come in a f1.4). I think the best fixed lenses for a decent price would be Switars (most cover S16) or Angenieux (25mm and above cover S16 - I think). The there are slower, but still very decent lenses like the Cooke kinetals (seems like all cover S16 except the widest two lenses (9 & 12mm maybe?). There are also some fast Canons and Kinoptiks and the rare Zeiss c-mount. BUT look for Switars and Angenieuxs, those are the best that I have used.

• Premium Member
Unfortunatley I will need some zoom. And the choices do seem slim. Are the 1.4 Angeneiux lenses soft? or at least almost as sharp as the 12-120mm 2.2?

The Angeniux 16-44mm T1.4 zoom lenses that I have seen are sharper than a 12-120 T 2.5, but are not as sharp as the "HEC" coated optics 12-120 T 2.1 lenses.

Ken

The Angeniux 16-44mm T1.4 zoom lenses that I have seen are sharper than a 12-120 T 2.5, but are not as sharp as the "HEC" coated optics 12-120 T 2.1 lenses.

I found a few on the net.. the perfect lens for my needs but a little pricey.. i'll keep shopping but thanks for pointingit out. otherwise I found a f1.4 prime Elitar at the camera store today for $75. mounted it and its pretty sharp.