table top

hi,i am going to shoot ad commercial ,may be it will be in next month. i will be use beta or digi beta.that product is related to non-vegetarin food raw things. so i would like to give the out put is ,showing fresh food(like chiken,some variety), i need it should be look colour ful and spicy .can anyone tips.which is beter beta or digi beta?

Digital beta is better than beta, whatever you shoot...

The trick about this kind of shoot is usually to set a very soft like, coming from up. You can use a large light bot for instance, works pretty good.

thanks laurent.i feel very happpy when i see your replies.

for lighting ideas, i'd try looking for reference at a stock photo site like gettyimages.com. you'll find boatloads of well-crafted food photos. there's also a newish stock photo site that all food photos, though i forget what it is.

another suggestion: don't skimp on hiring a stylist. their work will be literally half the final quality of the footage.

hope this helps,

jaan

I think maybe lightning should be related to the kind of "mood" you are going to shoot for. But basic formulae that is always useful is the classic kno flo overhead a little bit backlighted, fill card and depending on camera angle and kind of prouduct, two dedolights or peppers for little backlight punches here and there.

I guess that is all you need. Good luck.

Oscar