Might we organize a workshop in L.A.?

• Premium Member

Peter,

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be glad to hang out for a day or two. Of course, you know the saying: "If you want to book a job, plan a vacation." Or anything else non-work related.

I used to get together with some people from Art Center and we'd meet every month with some sort of self-assignment. It was actually very helpful and inspirational. And there was an incentive to get my project done so I wouldn't feel like a total loser at the meeting.

Thanks for pitching this idea. Keep us posted.

• Premium Member
Maybe one day after Thanksgiving. If we want to play with some lights, it may have to be on a weekday when one of the vendors is open.

Hi David: I'm not sure if you mean literally the day after Thanksgiving, or just sometime soon thereafter?

Early in the week following turkey-day is good for me, such as Nov. 28, 29, or 30.

What are the chances of an LA area grip rental house (or a small studio?) providing equipment and/or a space?

(If it would be useful, I can bring my DSR-450WSL cam, tripod, 8" monitor, an Arri 2KW fresnel, a 3-light Mole #5823 lightkit, a Mole 250w fresnel, 3 C-stands, a total of 5 small stands, several 18x24 flags & silks, and misc. grip & electrical gear -- although for a workshop, a bigger monitor and more gear would probably be beneficial.)

Who's going to be our model/actors? :)

All the best,

- Peter DeCrescenzo

SF Bay Area, CA