2-Perf Cameras in L.A.

J. Anthony Gonzales

Does anybody know if 2-perf Arri 2C's, or other, are available anywhere in Southern California for rental? I've searched a bit but haven't come up with much, for rental, sale, or otherwise. OR, anywhere in the U.S. that does 2-perf conversions for Arri 2C's?

Thanks,

John G.

• Premium Member

I have seen one or two Arri IIc's for sale that do techniscope on Ebay, but that's about it. I would wonder what their condition is being that their owners probably haven't run film through them in ages. A good thing is that you could probably get it for cheaper than a stock IIc.

I really like the idea of Techniscope, I think it's an idea that goes hand in hand with the digital intermediate. If it wasn't for the high cost of a DI I'd definitely give T-scope a try.

- G.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Does anybody know if 2-perf Arri 2C's, or other, are available anywhere in Southern California for rental? I've searched a bit but haven't come up with much, for rental, sale, or otherwise. OR, anywhere in the U.S. that does 2-perf conversions for Arri 2C's?

Thanks,

John G.

I sold my 2 perf kit about 15-20 years ago, drawing a blank on who bought it.

There was a guy in the South a long time ago who bought up a lot of 2 perf stuff. He used it for special venue films, shooting from hang gliders and using the whole width with double system sound for a 2.66:1 picture. Projection was 2 perf also.

And there was a guy in Australia who had 2 perf telecine.

-- J.S.

• 5 months later...