Telecine Proposal

Ashley Dean Myles

I'd just like to share a wonderful moment I had last night with the forum. My business partner and cinematographer Tony "Chainsaw" Myles (who also posts on this board), proposed to me on film last night.

We were sitting in the telecine suite with our colorist, Suzy, color correcting two commercials we shot in South Florida. On the last roll (some excellent black and white footage shot on Kodak 7222 with a yello/green filter), he used the remaining footage to propose to me. Apparently, after we had wrapped up the shoot he holed up in his office and filmed himself. Poor Suzy figured out what was going on before I did, as she had to enlarge the image to read the words he had written on the slate (it was MOS). She asked, "Uh, Chainsaw, should I be in the room for this?"

Continental Film & Video in Miami will forever be a special place for us now. By the way, they're currently installing a Spirit telecine and planning on offering a direct-to-drive option in the very near future. Oh happy days!

By the way, we're planning on filming the wedding on 35mm. No cheesy video for us :)

p.s. John P., could we possibly get a custom run of 35mm Kodachrome for the occasion? :lol:

www.cagexxi.com

Ashley Dean (and Chainsaw)

Hahahah! Thank you! Although we are both quite in love with Suzy's excellent work, he assures me that I was his intended betrothed.

And now we have archival negatives of the whole thing....probably last longer than our lifetimes!

Now its dark...

Ashley Dean

www.cagexxi.com