Ektachrome 64T

Carl Weston

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
E64 has now been pushed to October..

Kodak is optimizing the film for Super-8, based on the customer testing that has been going on for the past few months. Unfortunately, out of the hundreds of test cartridges that were supplied to filmmakers for testing, only a few people have completed and returned the feedback questionnaires. :(

Kodak is optimizing the film for Super-8, based on the customer testing that has been going on for the past few months.  Unfortunately, out of the hundreds of test cartridges that were supplied to filmmakers for testing, only a few people have completed and returned the feedback questionnaires.  :(

well thats no good!people should be more then willing to send those back after having received free carts! i know I will If I get the one I asked for..

Kodak is optimizing the film for Super-8, based on the customer testing that has been going on for the past few months.  Unfortunately, out of the hundreds of test cartridges that were supplied to filmmakers for testing, only a few people have completed and returned the feedback questionnaires.  :(

Oh man, that stinks! Ok, send me one, I'll fill out a questionaire, I love questionaires!

Isn't it more expensive to make two kinds of 64T? One for still film, other for super8.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just cut the same film in multiple versions?

• Premium Member

I have almost finished the first of three cartridges. I did time exposure of me redesigning my editing studio so it's taken a while to shoot the first 2500 frames of the first cartridge.

I negotiated with Universal Citywalk to shoot there but even as a barebones shoot for just an hour or two with just a couple of people there still is a $150.00 charge to have someone assigned to me and my people, and that is considered a freebie for them.

I don't know if I can afford that at this point in time. I just spent a significant chunk of money ordering the Small Format Magazine and I doubt I'll break even on that investment. (although that's not why I did it).

I did post a topic about a month ago ago asking for cool locations in the LA area, I didn't really get much of a response as to actual locations. I liked City Walk because I can instantly change contrast values by having the actors step in and out of sunlight, and I would have several dozen backdrops to choose from.