I just noticed that the following site was updated with NAB 2005 info:

http://www.geocities.com/mammacow3/

http://www.geocities.com/mammacow3/nab2005.htm

and the following site also has 2005 info:

http://www.geocities.com/researchhd/New_HD_Cameras.html

Olympus 8 MP link:

http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/news/20...40409sh880j.cfm

Guest Jerry Springfield

What do the new cameras mean? For $20K you can have quality 1080p system, with the new $10K camera, including a computer with NLE system to do production and post production of films that you'd be able to show in theaters, and the quality would be similar to Once upon a Time in Mexico, Spy Kids 2, etc.

• Premium Member

Hi,

> the quality would be similar to Once upon a Time in Mexico, Spy Kids 2, etc.

Where do you people come from, exactly? Clearly it's an interesting trans-physical world where HDCAM is as bad as HDV. I mean, HDCAM isn't the world's best hi def format, but jeez.

Phil

Guest Jerry Springfield

HDV is 25 Mbps at most; this camera is over 100 Mbps, uses 35 mm still camera lenses that cost up to 100x less than HD lenses. Yes, it is 1 CCD, but it is 1080/24p. It may not be as easy to work with as F900 but the image would be excellent.

Guest Jerry Springfield

Pytlak and Gross: What are you talking about?

There is a near 4K digital cinema from Olympus. I see no excitement.

Pytlak, your picture and Kodak make a perfect match in the modern world. Neither fits.

• Premium Member

I have kept out of these heated topics, but this

Pytlak, your picture and Kodak make a perfect match in the modern world. Neither fits.
is a personal attack and this guy should be doing some hurried apology and explanation of his position. John Pytlak commands a million times the respect you do.

Best Regards

Jerry Springfield wrote

"Pytlak, your picture and Kodak make a perfect match in the modern world. Neither fits.'

And it is not much of a modern world that enables cowards to hide behind an alias while they make personal attacks.

What do you have to gain Jerry?

Mike Brennan

Pytlak and Gross: What are you talking about?

There is a near 4K digital cinema from Olympus. I see no excitement.

Okay, to put it as mildly as I can

WHAT THE fu** WAS THAT?

We were just curious as to who you were and your perspective on this information. You're a fairly new person to the forum and we don't know you, so we just POLITELY asked you. Everybody knows who John is and who he works for, and I been contributing here for years but if you'd like to know more about me I'd be happy to tell you. We were just curious. Perhaps you are an individual with a great deal of knowledge from the inside because of a personal connection to the systems in question. Or perhaps you are a vendor promoting a product. Or maybe you're simply an enthusiast with a great deal of interest in the new technology. There's nothing wrong with any of that, we just wished to know.

I'm as interested in the Olympus system as many others, and I've been interested since the company showed some intial tests with a testbed version of their camera last year. But I don't need some guy I don't know prod me into jumping around with my responses and I certainly don't need to hear such crap as you just spewwed. So either apologize or explain yourself or both.

This is getting interesting..

I have never seen any personal attacks since I joined this forum.

Jerry,this is NOT just another forum for the unpolite masses where

people fight and call each other names like kids.

Here people talk with respect,and not a fake respect i might add.

John is one of the most knowledgeable persons on this forum.And not only

this one,he is a member of most forums and mailing lists that have anything to do

with motion pictures. And everywhere he has been a great source of

information and a pleasant person.

Who ever you are I don't think you should speak like that to him,or anybody

else,it's primitive and rude.

Sorry my reply is off the original topic but I find it really rude & annoying at the extremely small minority of trouble making fools on here like this guy Jerry (although to me it sounds like a renamed Ultra, look at the similarity of topics & writing style...).

I'm a 23yr old novice to cinematography & its equipment & find these message boards of great use & information, especially being located in Perth as there are very few people to ask advice from around here. Its great to be able to get almost always good & quick answers from experienced people in the field. Its also good how John@Kodak & other employees of companies come on here & give their input.

I know this probably can't be done effectively being the internet but it would be of great benefit to this messgae board & many other boards on the net if people like this idiot could be blocked, banned, identified, etc.

I apologise for this post but I get sick of the fools...

• Premium Member

Jerry, your post about John Pytlak was rude, arrogant, self-serving and completely uncalled for. This forum is not the place for personal attacks or unprofessional behavior.

You owe John, Mitch, Tim Tyler and everyone else here an apology.

Hi,

I am new to the HD cinema world and would like if someone could explain the current state or HD cameras in the price range betweent the JVC model and Cinelata world.

For example is the new Sony HD POV camera, the HDC-X300 of any use to an independent film maker? What would you have to add to it?

What is the Olympus camera that is being talked about?

Sorry if this is such newbie stuff but not sure where to ask.

Thanks so much to anyone for information or resouorces to point me to.

Stephen

• 4 weeks later...
Guest J Jukuzami

Go to CreativeCow.com, or .net; I'm not sure. There was discussion on that in the HD forum. The Sony is a very viable option, a lot better bargain than the Varicam, F900, or the Kinetta. You need to feed it into a computer. Check Boxx RT offerings. Forget HDV.