DIY processing

Chris Alex

Hi

Does anybody know where i can find the equipment i need for doing home processing?

I heard that i need a spiral tank. I dont even know how it looks like.

Can i find the gear on the net? Any sites selling such stuff?

Is ebay any good?

Thank you.

Processing C41 ( Colour Neg ) is not esay !!!! I've done still film a lot and you have to be on the ball with mixing, temp etc , and you will not know if you are on the right lines 'till you have had a Telecine done I guess . E6 is not poss at home , any change in temp +- 1 c will give great big colour shifts !!! . B&W is very esay to do at home I do still film all the time and because of the lack of colour layers it is dead easy to do . ( but then can you get B&W neg film in Super8 ) ? .

• Premium Member
Processing C41 ( Colour Neg ) is not esay !!!! I've done still film a lot and you have to be on the ball with mixing, temp etc , and you will not know if you are on the right lines 'till you have had a Telecine done I guess . E6 is not poss at home , any change in temp +- 1 c will give great big colour shifts !!! . B&W is very esay to do at home I do still film all the time and because of the lack of colour layers it is dead easy to do . ( but then can you get B&W neg film in Super8 ) ? .

Both the Kodak C-41 and E-6 processes are run successfully by home enthusiasts. As you note, you need precise control of time and temperature to get consistent results. Do you use a water bath to maintain constant temperature?

• Premium Member
John , C41 and E6 are poss at home but not that easy that all I'm saying , but then I do my own RA4 prints at home . ( using Kodak stuff ) . Lets keep real photography alive !!!!

I suspect the difficulties you are encountering are likely due to variations in time or temperature. A constant-temperature water bath is a good investment when you do color processing at home. Consistency in changing solutions helps keep timing accurate. Compensate by added time or replenishment as solutions get exhausted or oxidized.