Any Anamorphic solutions for NPR/ACL?

Tyler Ruvo

Hi all, new to this forum and I own 2 Eclairs, an NPR and an ACL. I've put stock through both of them and while I love what I get from them, I have some upcoming work that doesn't call for 4:3. I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any non-projector lens anamorphic solutions I could explore. The ACL has the standard Cameflex mount with the c-mount underneath, the NPR has a c-mount on one end of the turret and an Arri Bayonet on the other. I know it's a long shot but basically I'm asking if anyone knows of any anamorphic lenses for any of these mounts, or that can be easily adapted. My current idea is trying to get LOMOs onto the ACL through an adapter. Obviously I should just get these cameras overhauled already, and I plan on send them to Les Bosher once I have the cash to burn, but until then it's either gonna be anamorphics or lens-matting. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Ruvo said:

Hi all, new to this forum and I own 2 Eclairs, an NPR and an ACL. I've put stock through both of them and while I love what I get from them, I have some upcoming work that doesn't call for 4:3. I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any non-projector lens anamorphic solutions I could explore. The ACL has the standard Cameflex mount with the c-mount underneath, the NPR has a c-mount on one end of the turret and an Arri Bayonet on the other. I know it's a long shot but basically I'm asking if anyone knows of any anamorphic lenses for any of these mounts, or that can be easily adapted. My current idea is trying to get LOMOs onto the ACL through an adapter. Obviously I should just get these cameras overhauled already, and I plan on send them to Les Bosher once I have the cash to burn, but until then it's either gonna be anamorphics or lens-matting. Cheers. 

First things first.

I can’t speak about other cameras, but Les has ZERO customer service, and QC. He supposedly converted my previous ACL to a super 16, but did not alter the timing, nor adjust the shutter (which Bernie at Super 16 inc said is a minimum).

When I sent it back to him, on my dime, from California, he didn’t fix it, just shipped it back, said it was ok, and stopped replying to emails. Horrible treatment and would never advice anyone to send their gear there.

as for you going anamorphic. You have a lot of options because it is c-mount. I tried it with the Panasonic adapter on front and it sort of worked. My lens had a spinning front element so it looked a bit weird, but I made it work.

A friend of mine tried the SLR magic route, but regardless, there are a lot of options out there with front mounted elements.

I would probably see if I could mount a front mount to a set of Veydra primes and go from there...