Tom Tavee

hi everyone-total newbie here and sorry if this very obvious. Bought an R10

and filed out the gate a bit wider for an upcoming project. I'm used to manual

exposure controls.

How do I set/compensate the ASA for my Nikon R10 for different

color neg stocks (Pro 8 100T or Vision 500T/etc.). Does the camera

detect the cartridges asa via notch codes? If not, what is the standard

ASA in the camera? Also since my key to the internal filter is missing,

I assume I have to use an 85 filter for shooting tungsten outdoors.

Is that right? Thanks guys.

the cam will set automatically anything from ISO 10 or 16 to 640.

however, 500T carts from both PRO8 and Kodak (as far as i know - check with the ruler) seem to be notched for ISO 640 so you will need to compensate for that.

take a look at this to find out more about how the auto film speed notching will work with your camera: http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Super_8_Ca...dge_Notch_Ruler

771px-Cartridgenotchruler.jpg

the cam has a plain 85 filter built in which will do 5500K->3400K conversion. you will need the Nikon filter key to remove it for tungsten shooting. true daylight carts will flip out this filter automatically and set the film speed accordingly. if you want to use external filters you will need to disengage the built in filter as well.

s

Edited by S8 Booster

unfortunately this darn message board wont allow poper editio to i have to add this correction:

the cam will set automatically anything from ISO 10 or 16 to 640 and up to 1920 and anything in betweeen in auto mode by using the compensation dial.

s

With regards colour temp filter for the R10, to disengage the internal filter you need to slide something into the slot on the top of the camera. I use a cut up piece of a CD. There is also a button inside the camera compartment that can automatically do this if the cartridge is not notched (the filter notch is below the film opening on the cartridge).

Richard T.