System to link Preston MicroForce and Dolly Movement

Vincent Biron

Hello everybody!  I haven't been around these parts for a while, but I'm glad to see that the forum is still very active!

Here's my question : 

A couple of years ago, I used this weird contraption on a feature-film I was shooting; it was a gear system you rigged onto the dolly tracks that linked up the camera movement to the Preston Micro-Force that controlled the zoom on the camera.  We used it to do a very slow and subtle Vertigo effect of a two-minutes tracking shot.   So basically whenever the camera move backwards, the lens would zoom in proportionally. 

Now, I'm shooting another thing in january and am looking for a similar effect, but alas I can't seem to find anywhere in my emails what was the name/maker of that device.   Anybody had any idea of that that device could be?  Tried googling like crazy but to no avail...

If anyone could help me out, I'd be eternally grateful

Cheers
Vincent

Hi Vincent,

What you are looking for is an accessory to the Scorpio Fiz unit that was manufactured in the late 90s. Although the units are out of production there are still many out there. We used the tracking device with great success on the film Antlers.