Arriflex 35 2C

James Sielaff

Hi,

I have a working Arriflex 35 2C in los angeles, CA.

Asking $2,500 OBO

Available for sale through sharegrid:

https://www.sharegrid.com/losangeles/l/217508-arri-arriflex-iic-35mm-camera-package?utm_medium=social&utm_source=clipboard&utm_term=arri_arriflex_iic_35mm_camera_package

Thanks Leonardo

these were made as 4-perf and do a variety of lenses and aspect ratios, including 2x’s anamorphic, spherical 2.40, 4:3, etc

They can be modified to 3 and 2 perf.

These are often used as Stanely Kubrick did, for handheld, jib, and steadicam, and other b-cam duties, due to their smaller size and lighter weight, especially when paired with a 400ft mag. 

Bump.

Price drop.

$1850 OBO

These cameras have a reputation for lasting forever, that is why Arri made them for so long, and why they are still in service today. Kubrick used them right up to his last film, and had it on Barry Lyndon, The Shining, etc. Get this one with 5 mags, while there are still people who service them, and have it tuned. 

I’m getting out of the business, so time for this to go to someone else. Own a piece of cinema history, and a working 35mm film camera, for the price of a used DSLR or blackmagic pocket. 

thanks for reading. 

Leonardo was looking for 2-perf, and Jackie wanted video footage of the camera running. Neither replied to my replies. 

Camera is currently in Burbank Area. I can arrange a local demo. If you are on the East cost, i can fly the camera out here, as long as you don’t have a deadline you’re trying to meet. I feel film makers are constantly buying gear for their next gig, but i try to tell people don’t buy used gear just before a gig. Most people don’t ship in a timely manner, and secondly, you want to test used gear before a job. 

So, this is hopefully going to someone who needs a long term 35mm cinema camera for testing lenses and film stocks, and perhaps doing broll or music videos with. obviously the industry has moved one to silent cameras. 

Which, i may be able to work with the buyer on building a sound blimp for the camera. but otherwise you have to do like Kubrick or Tarantino and dub it for feature work.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1