A copy stand for the big boys

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

1%205710_2.jpg

Kaiser Copy Stand

Museums / archives may use these along, along with a Phase One Medium format camera or some other medium format camera. The dual motor copy stand is $16.5K. The lights?? I had written to Kaiser a few times asking about the lights and stands. I don't have the room or $$ for the system,  but was interested in this setup anyway just for personal information. NO reply. Well, this is how things go in 2022, although this was 2019. 

I do lots of copy stand work now. I had hurt my foot in 2021 and don't pound the pavement as I used to do street shooting. So, I'm trying to get all my ducks in order with archival work which requires lots of scanning and copy stand photography. I am also getting into camera scanning for negs and chromes vs flatbed neg and chrome scanning. For someone that hates studio work, I ended up in an odd place with my photography. But I adapt.

Novoflex makes a good bellows system for close up work. I wanted to try it for film scanning. But it is very complex and require numerous adapters. Plus, I was not going to use standard camera lenses on it and needed some advice. I had written Novoflex about setting up their bellows for my camera...NO reply. I had also written a company that produces masks and scanning accessories for using your camera. Guess what...NO reply.

Lasergraphics...Kaiser...Novoflex...company that makes scanning accessories...No breast feeding nowadays...

Breastfeeding%20Bedouin%20RPPC%20D.D.Teo

RPPC - DDTJRAC

Copy stand photography can yield a different look with paper and 3D as opposed to flatbed or sheet fed scanning. And yes, you can scan 3D objects with a flatbed scanner as I did with this. It just depends on the item.

girl-in-a-box-d.d.-teoli-jr..jpg?w=794

Full report:

NSFW

SHOOTOUT…Flatbed Scanner vs. Sheetfed Scanner vs. Copy Stand Photography – Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection – II (home.blog)

Do you do copy stand work?  Neg scanning with a digital camera?

Let's see your setup!

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.