'Underground' Noah Davis Museum in L.A. closes abruptly...

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

la-et-cam-underground-museum-noah-davis-

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/nowhere-announcement-las-underground-museum-said-shutting-notice-2086084

In a surprise announcement, Los Angeles’s beloved alternative art space the Underground Museum has abruptly closed “until further notice.” 

An exhibition of work by the museum’s late co-founder, Noah Davis, will be removed from view, and the venue’s newly hired co-directors, Meg Onli and Cristina Pacheco, will depart from their roles. 

Never heard of them. I don't know if they are called 'Underground Museum' because they are subterranean? Or they are about modern art redo's from the Underground Railroad?  Or that they fancy themselves as 'underground artists.' 

If it is the later, anyone with a brick and mortar museum in L.A. of all places with real directors...is not very underground. And if that be the case, I'd say they don't know what f'ing underground is. 

Here is how I used to work in NYC before I hurt my foot and the virus hit.

nsfw

Wanna shoot in NYC but don’t have the $. No problem…you can do it on a broke bohemian’s budget. – Daniel D. Teoli Jr. (wordpress.com)

When they eat leftover food people leave on McDonalds tables, sleep in the subway and shower at the 'Y' once a week from a free one day pass they download from the libraries' internet...then they can call themselves underground. 

untitled.jpg

Underground...

GD...I'd love to be underground like them!

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Daniel D. Teoli Jr. changed the title to 'Underground' Noah Davis Museum in L.A. closes abruptly...