Aato LTR7 change regular 16 to s16

daniel mahlknecht

Hi,

I have just bought an Aaton ltr7 super16mm.

Unfortunately it was set to standard 16 and I have to set it to s16, and it seems not to be the same super16 conversion as described in the usermanual, but i can not be sure, because of the bad illustrations of this manual.

I managed to shift the groundglass and the lensmount (the lensmout I just loosened the upper 2 screws and shifted it as much to the motorside as possible and refastened the screws, in the manual this operation sounded totaly different).

What I could not do is shift the viewefinder, so I do not see very well the right angle of the super16area. I belive that on my camera it is not possible to shift the viewefinder, how can I understand wether or not the camera has ben modified for this operation?

A foto of this detal of an ltr7 where this can be done would be of great help.

• Premium Member
Hi,

I have just bought an Aaton ltr7 super16mm.

Unfortunately it was set to standard 16 and I have to set it to s16, and it seems not to be the same super16 conversion as described in the usermanual, but i can not be sure, because of the bad illustrations of this manual.

I managed to shift the groundglass and the lensmount (the lensmout I just loosened the upper 2 screws and shifted it as much to the motorside as possible and refastened the screws, in the manual this operation sounded totaly different).

What I could not do is shift the viewefinder, so I do not see very well the right angle of the super16area. I belive that on my camera it is not possible to shift the viewefinder, how can I understand wether or not the camera has ben modified for this operation?

A foto of this detal of an ltr7 where this can be done would be of great help.

Daniel,

I am not sure if you did the lens mount adjustment properly,

but anyway, I hope that this might help you.post-8298-1128188705.jpgpost-8298-1128188789.jpg

Dimitrios Koukas