its here, 64t arrived in the uk

A.Oliver

Hi, just received my first cartridges of the new 64t ( purchased direct from kodak uk ), plan to expose them in the next two weeks or sooner. Can someone advise me where to get the stuff processed. Prefer a quality lab in Europe, shipping to the USA is a problem due to export duties etc. Andy

ps, why is there no exp date on the filmstock???????

How much did you pay Andy?

I sent mine to Dwaynes- 9USD +p&p. No probs with customs at that value- suppose it depends on how much you're getting done but is processing taxable?

Otherwise Frank in NL or cine-dia in France, and Andec in November- I don't know where widescreen are getting theirs done but its not as bad a price as I feared- £16.50 inc processing.

Mark

say whats the filter size of the cinegon????????

Hi Andy- officially it should be a series 5.5 but I can't find an 85b anywhere in that size- I guess they must have been made? Otherwise I think its a specially made step up ring because the thread is non-standard too. Or a piece of wratten.

Mark

i just had 13 rolls processed by frank (super8.nl) and it turned out great.

as for the 85b issue, i shot some exteriors using the built in 85 filter because it wanted it to be a little blue but it turned out normal even though it was an overcast day with a very blueish light. i've heard that kodak did something to the stock between the test period and the release, and maybe it was to make it a bit warmer? i'll post a clip as soon as we've scanned it.

/matt

Thats interesting Mattias,

JP started this rumour by stating that Kodak were adjusting the "sensi" of the stock after initial tests, which was given as a reason for the late arrival of the stock. I took that to mean that maybe they were going to try to make it more compatible with the built in 85 filters of super8 cameras given the general bluish caste of the results so far published (reasons given for not releasing other stocks had to do with camera incompatibility!?!)

But I was put in my place by John when he said that adjustments would only be made with regards to the use of the correct filter (85b).

Your evidence seems to contradict this.

Mark

as for the 85b issue, i shot some exteriors using the built in 85 filter because it wanted it to be a little blue but it turned out normal even though it was an overcast day with a very blueish light. i've heard that kodak did something to the stock between the test period and the release, and maybe it was to make it a bit warmer? i'll post a clip as soon as we've scanned it.

/matt

Guest uoliwils
Hi Andy- officially it should be a series 5.5 but I can't find an 85b anywhere in that size- I guess they must have been made? Otherwise I think its a specially made step up ring because the thread is non-standard too. Or a piece of wratten.

Mark

Aaaahh, leica filter threads... :rolleyes: I'm still looking for some filters for my leica's summicron 40/2 (still photography), and I'm sure they will be quite expensive, once I find them...

BTW, you have a zeiss with b56 filter thread. Did you manage to find the 85b for it? I know B&H has some, but not this one.

David

Aaaahh, leica filter threads... :rolleyes: I'm still looking for some filters for my leica's summicron 40/2 (still photography), and I'm sure they will be quite expensive, once I find them...

BTW, you have a zeiss with b56 filter thread. Did you manage to find the 85b for it? I know B&H has some, but not this one.

David

You own a CL? My favourite camera! (though I just bought a IIIc which is very special too!)

I haven't looked for filters for the S8- I did look for ages for a lens hood but gave up! I just bought some 85b wratten and will swap the filter in my "user" Leicina and hopefully have a large enough piece left over to tape in front of other cameras lenses. Strangely the Kodak site now says that an 85 is OK for the 64T yet the box still says 85b. They were apparently fiddling with the stocks "sensi"- hence the late arrival so it maybe that the built in filter will be fine- my test TK'd bluish and is cool on projection but not objectionably. Next roll will definitely have some 85/85b comparison footage, and I look forward to seeing Mattias' results next week.

Mark

David

Why not get a conversion ring? That way you can make the investment in filters that will fit all or most of your cameras..

Guest uoliwils
You own a CL? My favourite camera! (though I just bought a IIIc which is very special too!)

I haven't looked for filters for the S8- I did look for ages for a lens hood but gave up! I just bought some 85b wratten and will swap the filter in my "user" Leicina and hopefully have a large enough piece left over to tape in front of other cameras lenses. Strangely the Kodak site now says that an 85 is OK for the 64T yet the box still says 85b. They were apparently fiddling with the stocks "sensi"- hence the late arrival so it maybe that the built in filter will be fine- my test TK'd bluish and is cool on projection but not objectionably. Next roll will definitely have some 85/85b comparison footage, and I look forward to seeing Mattias' results next week.

Mark

I do! It's a terrific camera. honestly I bought it only because of the lens, I own an M2 and I always used an old summilux 50. One day I decided I wanted also the 35/2, but it was very expensive and the 40/2 is known to be a great lens and its closer to my favourite 50mm focal length. The whole package is cheaper than a summicron 35... and I can deal with the frameline issue, anyway (M2 has only the 35-50-90).

Eventually I fell in love with the CL, and now I always take it with me (even though my favourite is still the M2...).

I think it's one of the most underrated camera ever.

Back on topic

you're probably right, wratten filters are the way to go. don't want to spend the rest of my life searching odd filters, adapters and so on...

Why not get a conversion ring? That way you can make the investment in filters that will fit all or most of your cameras..

don't know, perhaps I didn't search hard enough, didn't find any yet. I'll keep an eye on ebay.

• Premium Member

/matt

The above quote was from two weeks ago, since then I have also read another post of yours that the blue grain looked kind of big. Was the above comment a preliminary feeling you got from looking at the film itself with a loop or projected? When I looked at the Ektachrome 64 that I had shot with a loop many of the images look really nice, until I had them transferred, then they were "grainy nice".

Hence the noise...

not really. theoretically you have a point of course, but it's not that. it was there before we turned up the blue, plus we did it optically on the scanner too (the flashscan has a quite clever variable color light source) so no electronical or digital gain was involved.

/matt