Guerilla35 on Hdv

Jonas Hed

Hello everybody!

I have now bought a SONY HDR HC1E which Im planning to make a short on.

Some problems seem to have popped up though, on the camera there is a function called "Tele-macro" which should (according to Sony) get a short focal length-like feature. http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/handy.../feature04.html

The only thing that happens when I press the "Tele-macro"-button is that it zooms in 5x and its no difference that if I would zoom manually it seems.

So I thought I would build a Guerilla35 adaptor. The problem with this adaptor is that it seems to soften the picture even in the sharp areas (as seen in comparison examples on www.redrockmicro.com).

I thought it was because the cd-groundglass is vibrating/wobling a bit making the focus to the lens change in distans. Or am I totally wrong? Have someone figured out what of the adaptor is causing this soft quality?

My last homemade 35mm adaptor (where I used a static gg) it did not give a softened quality but you could on the other hand see the grain.

Well please tell me if you know the answers to these questions :)

Bye for now

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everybody!

I have now bought a SONY HDR HC1E which Im planning to make a short on.

Some problems seem to have popped up though, on the camera there is a function called "Tele-macro" which should (according to Sony) get a short focal length-like feature. http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/handy.../feature04.html

The only thing that happens when I press the "Tele-macro"-button is that it zooms in 5x and its no difference that if I would zoom manually it seems.

So I thought I would build a Guerilla35 adaptor. The problem with this adaptor is that it seems to soften the picture even in the sharp areas (as seen in comparison examples on www.redrockmicro.com).

I thought it was because the cd-groundglass is vibrating/wobling a bit making the focus to the lens change in distans. Or am I totally wrong? Have someone figured out what of the adaptor is causing this soft quality?

My last homemade 35mm adaptor (where I used a static gg) it did not give a softened quality but you could on the other hand see the grain.

Well please tell me if you know the answers to these questions :)

Bye for now

How silly of me! I mean a Micro35 adaptor not Guerilla35...sorry if I made someone confused.