Google image search results can vary quite a bit...is it censorship or what?

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Now, I do tons of Google image searches. Tens of thousands over the years. So, image searches are a big deal to me. I'm a photographer and archivist. Photos are what I'm about and not text so much. So, this test only applies to image searches. 

Here is the history of a recent search for the IL killer. It just happened to be the search that set off this post. I missed what he looked like on the news, so I did a Google image search to see him / it . I've more or less always used Google and never thought anything about it. It is just easy, and I thought it gave the best results. 

Sure, I heard about all the privacy issues, but didn't care. Really, I like the popup ads as I archive them in my popup advertising Archive.  I also welcome SPAM emails. Have over 400 of them...in the Archive. So, I'm on a different wavelength than most people.

Apparently, Google results can vary quite a bit. And the exact same, repeat searches can vary greatly within a few minutes or seconds of when they were originally made. 

Here is the original search I made...

?hash=e5cec9d21859ffa0d8c4db261324dd91

I figured somethings gotta be wrong, so went to Bing...

Then tried AOL search...

I tried some Russian or China Search engines, but when they didn't respond immediately, I shut them down worrying about ransomware. 

Retried same exact Google image search as I started with and did better this time...but not by much...

Then tried Yahoo search...

I finished up with a repeat of original Google search...

Crazy huh!

I didn't time it, but all these searches were made within say 5 to 6 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Beelzebub%20Beatnik%20D.D.%20Teoli%20Jr.

DDTJRAC

A researcher wrote me about a listing I have for an old-time beatnik magazine called Beelzebub Beatnik. I have a very large beatnik / mimeo revolution Archive. I told him the mag was at the I.A. and should have shown up at Google. But when I looked at Google, sure enough, they buried it.

My I.A. listing used to be on top of a Google search, now it was nowhere in the first 4 pages, so I gave up looking. My listing is the only hi-res, full listing of that mag on the net...and the mag is very rare. Now, Bing still had it on top of their search results. What a GD mess Google has become!

BTW...you filmmakers should make some beatnik movies. Love the beatniks!!

WomenOfTheBeatGeneration-DanielD.TeoliJr

DDTJRAC

This was cool back then. Now what would they do...spray paint on her fur! 

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.