SR3 power draw or general battery capacity recommendations?

Raymond Zrike

I’m planning on using an SR3 with Rencher’s gold mount adapter (it steps up the battery to 24V). It’s hard to find info online about the SR3’s power draw. How long do you think a 98Wh battery (like this one: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1569419-REG/core_swx_hypercore_neo_9_mini.html) would last at 24fps? Could I go with a battery with a lower maximum load and still get 75fps (the one I linked is 12A sustained, 16A load)? The battery will also be powering an HD video tap, an on-camera monitor, and a focus motor.

If there aren’t any specific numbers out there, let me reframe my question—do 16mm cameras need more or less power than a typical digital cine camera? Do they consume power in standby like digital cameras do? Alexa power draw numbers are super easy to find, for instance, so I can figure out generally what batteries I need that way.

I'd like to get at least an hour out of each battery. Will be rotating between four. I'd also like to keep it as light as I can for handheld set-ups.

Edited by Raymond Zrike

• Premium Member

SR3 power consumption is less than 1A even at 75fps. At 24fps it’s about 0.5A.

Accessories will add to the current draw, an IVS adds about 0.3A even idle. If using a mini monitor check the current draw. 

There is a start up surge of a few amps, main fuse is 10A.

1A with 24V is 24W, so a 98Wh battery should last at least 4 hours.

The original on boards were only 1.2Ah (equivalent of about 30Wh).

• Thanks 1