For Trade: Large digital collection of Sotheby's Photograph Auction catalogs

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

I have a large Sotheby's photograph auction catalog collection I'm digitizing and interesting in trading for other digital collections of merit. Still scanning, but as rough estimate, the collection will be somewhere around 3500 pages and is +/- 24gb. But these are all rough estimates. There are roughly 26 catalogs, but a good portion of them are 2 session catalogs and are split in two. Just guessing, but maybe 35 catalogs when sessions are separated.

Scans are 600 dpi. Will trade digital collection for another interesting digital collection. Min res for trade is 300 dpi, preferable 600 dpi or more. Trade would be done with Blu-ray disc or thumb drive. Catalogs cover late 1980's to early 2000s. Some have realized price sheets. Catalogs are from London and NYC. If you have film / video collections to trade, they must be of decent res.

I have a very wide range of interests for trades. Probably one of the largest scopes of interest in the world...and I'm not bragging.  I'm just not interested in text and prefer historical material...I'm visually oriented. Your trade doesn't have to match scan for scan. The better it is, the smaller the collection can be. But any way you slice it, scanning +/- 3500 scans is a lot of work.

I was scanning this morning. Found an unknown Diane Arbus photo of a topless gal standing outside with apron. Title was 'Waitress in a Nudist' camp...or some such thing. Estimate was $60K - $80K. You find all kinda interesting things in these catalogs. Plus, it had some interesting historical backstory on Arbus. Also, some carbro prints by Outerbridge. Just countless photo history in the catalogs. Every big-name photographer you can imagine is in the catalogs going back to the 1800's to the present.

Sample image...

FastFoto_20813.jpg

BTW...that image name number is 20813. That is the 20,813 scan I did. And the scanner has already rolled over 100,000 scans. I guess 'scanner' should have been my middle name. Point is...I have tons of high-quality digital collections of all sorts, if this one is not up anyone's alley for trading.

Here is an old, out of date listing of some of the digital collections available for trade.

https://archive.org/details/collection-scope-of-the-daniel-d.-teoli-jr.-archival-collection

If interesting in trading write direct:

w1000w@aol.com

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Just to update this trade offer...

I'm nearing the end of the scanning and it looks like there will be near 5,000 scans in the collection. As I said previously, you don't have to trade anywhere near that amount in digital material to acquire the collection. So run whatever digital material you would like to trade by me if you have an interest in acquiring the Sotheby's Photograph collection.