Film scanning at the Internet Archive...and more!

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

All Photos: Internet Archive

film-scanner.jpg

Years ago, I had written to the Internet Archive about getting help with film scanning. Either helping me buy a scanner or loan me a scanner or ask one of their rich Silicon Valley patrons to buy a scanner to loan me...nothing. They always pester me for $$.

This is Brewster Khale - Founder of the Internet Archive...

Brewster%20Kahle%20listens%20to%20Librar

After the Internet Archive banned me, I wrote him an 8-page letter stating my case to be reinstated...NO reply. They deleted somewhere about 80K to 120K uploads of mine. Eventually I got reinstated, but only by an odd fluke. Otherwise, I'd still be banned.

Rooftop29.jpg

Some girls really twist in contortions...huh. When you are older and sitting in front of the computer all day...don't do it. You will pay the price. Ergonomics is very important when you are old and not made of rubber any longer.

This is their book scanner they invented. Pretty impressive!

The glass goes up and down to flatten the book.

ttscribe.jpeg

Their photography is just so-so at the Internet Archive. Some of it is better than others.

Here is their headquarters.

300funston02.jpg

They did better with this photo...at least with perspective. Shadow detail is gone.

300funston.jpg

Here is their oversize flatbed scanner. When I use mine (a slightly smaller one) I have to clean off the table to use it. I'm short on space. I can scan up to 11 x 17 inches roughly. And have a copy stand with vacuum easel for up to 24 x 28 inches. Same thing, I have to break it all down to do something else. It would be nice to have dedicated workstations that don't need to be stowed after use. 

album-cover-scanning.jpg

This is their servers. I don't know what that is all about. Just know it is their brain.

Internet%20Archive%20servers.jpg

Digitizing stuff!

cd-scanning.jpg

Yes, you too, can be an archivist for the Internet Archive! – Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection (wordpress.com)

<><><><>

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.