Everything looks blue?

vikeira

Just bought a dvx100a. It was working fine. It's still working fine, but when I turn the power on and open the screen everything looks kind of blue. If I move the scene file, everything still looks blue. I correct the white balance and it still looks blue. When I push the Auto SW, it goes back to looking normal and I also have to work with the color temp to get look I want. If I turn the camera off, it goes back to looking blue? Does anybody know how I can fix this? :(

Hmmm, what preset are you on? If its in an auto mode it might not let you white ballance. when you hit the white ballance button, what happens? (Im not a DVX expert, I used it for a feature, but I dont have it in front of me so I am going from memory.) if you are in 24p mode and you hit the white button you should see the paper go from blue to white, then the whole screen will go black (I think this is to either blackbalance or to reset the CCDs in 24p mode) but when the screen comes back it should be while and ballanced.

also check the color matrix. if it is only kind of blue you may have the blue level shifted up, or the red and greed level shifted down. Check the final image on a TV monitor to make sure it isnt just the LCD.

Maybe you jsut have a defective product. if none of these tips help or point you in the right direction, call panny and let them know you enjoy even color replication.

I think it's the white balance. I did white balance correction on both A and B memory switches and color was corrected. Other than that I haven't used a monitor for reference. Still in the PRST position it still looks a little blueish. Thanks.

When using the preset, you have two choices:

Indoor or outdoor white balance.

To switch between the two you press the small button around the corner

from the gain switch, marked "AWB".

Personally,

I like setting the "A" WB setting as auto.

Helps me remember.

-BillP