Some 64T Stills

Anthony Schilling

It's grainier than K-40... I'd put it between 7240 and K-40 in terms of that. A bit more saturation and detail. It's also lower contrast and better to transfer. The grain tightens up real nice in sunlight with nice colors. going to do some tungston tests soon. With the exception of increase grain (not too bothersome) I like it better than K40... but still wonder if 7285 100D may have been better for grain, saturation, and more modern looking than 64T.

I have used a couple of 16mm rolls of 7285 circuschrome, it looks great in daylite compared to 16mm k40. And it should look great for super 8 too. Although the 16mm image was clean, it seemed less sharp than k40. Colours are not natural compared to k40, way oot. Why oh why couldnt kodak give us a modern E6 100d film for super 8 instead of there old 64t film, obviously found a stock pile of 64t and decided to dump it on us super 8 users. As kodak wish to save money, why didnt they dump 64t,100d, and use their latest E6 slide film for super 8 and 16mm, then dump 16mm k40. ( sorry 16mm k40 will be dumped soon anyway)

Guest Christopher Heston

Hi, I love the greens, and the detail of the leaf is great. What camera did you use?? What was the lighting really like? What f-stop was the camera on for the stills??

-Chris

Hi, I love the greens, and the detail of the leaf is great. What camera did you use?? What was the lighting really like? What f-stop was the camera on for the stills??

-Chris

Overcast, dreary day. Canon 512XL f4 on the leaf, 5.6 on the green.

I still have 2 carts of pro8mm 100D. going to have them processed somewhere else and see if I can get a better example and compare with 64T soon.