Mole Richardson lights

Hello all,

I recently picked up a few lights from a local theatre. As soon as I saw them, I was like “ohhh, so you don’t want these?”

The only tungsten lights I have owned until now I’ve been smaller fixtures—ARRI 650 and 1k fresnels, as well as an open face 1k. Everything else is all LED (mostly Aputure). 

I’m thinking about keeping one of these for myself, and maybe selling the others…if at all possible. I’m not even sure if it’s still a thing or if these still have any practical use. 

But I can’t seem to find a lot of information on these particular lights. They are Mole Richardson type 2001–1k/2k. Aside from the model and the serial numbers, I’ve got almost no further info. 

I’m wondering if some of the more experienced folks here could give me a little info. Approximately how old these may be. How much could I possibly sell these for…if at all. 

Obviously they have been sitting around under a stage for a while, so they could use a little TLC. But all of the lamps do work. 

pics attached

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg

• Premium Member

Those look like "stage" babies (1K) and juniors (2K) instead of the slightly smaller "baby" versions (baby-baby 1K and baby-junior 2K). They were made for decades so I don't know how old they are but as long as they work and aren't decaying or falling apart, they are still useful -- and are still commonplace on soundstages.

23 minutes ago, David Mullen ASC said:

Those look like "stage" babies (1K) and juniors (2K) instead of the slightly smaller "baby" versions (baby-baby 1K and baby-junior 2K). They were made for decades so I don't know how old they are but as long as they work and aren't decaying or falling apart, they are still useful -- and are still commonplace on soundstages.

Thanks! 
So since it’s kinda hard to nail down a particular time frame, these could have been made anytime in the 20th century? Do you think they made (or make these) in recent years? 
I ask because I notice that the doors, on at least one of the lights, were in quite good shape. Like barely a scratch and the paint looked “newer”.

Any idea who, if anybody, would buy this type of fixture? I am just a small time dude. Usually smaller locations…low/no budget stuff. So I don’t necessarily see myself or somebody in my position lugging this thing into somebody’s kitchen like “excuse me while I whip this out.”

These things are big and clunky.