Angenieux 10-120 zoom hand crank

Hello, I have an Eclair ACL 2 kit that came with a really nice Angenieux 10-120 zoom and a little hand crank for it. I’m finally getting ready to try out the crank for an upcoming project but I’m having a hard time figuring out how to mount it. There are not many resources for this. I’m wondering if anyone has personal experience or can provide some help.

Appreciate it!

Nathaniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

On the front of the zoom control (toward the big end of the lens) it has gear teeth on it.  The gear teeth on the crank hub mesh with those.  The crank unit should have a curve to it that matches the curve of the body of the lens (the fixed barrel) just in front of the zoom control.

There should be a set of three holes in kind of a wide triangle configuration, through-holes in the crank unit, and threaded holes in the lens barrel.  Those line up, and the screws go through the crank unit and into the lens barrel to cinch them together.  I've seen many of those lenses where the screws are in the body even though the crank isn't there.  If you're lucky, that's the case with yours.  If not, you'll have to figure out the kind of screws needed and source some.  If you need help with that, post back here, I can take pictures of some of the screws to show you the head shape, and I have a thread pitch gauge I can use to tell you what the specs are.

Duncan

• Premium Member

OK I had some time so I documented this a little better.  The first picture shows the state I have seen a lot of Angenieux zooms in - crank missing, but screws put back in place.  The next two pictures show the screws and crank separately, then the last one shows it all bolted in place.  You pull the crank out to engage it with the gear (but it slips on purpose when you get to the end of travel) and push it in to let it dangle freely without any connection to the gear.  

The screws appear to be M2x4.5mm with a thread pitch of 0.4mm and oval head.

I'll be interested to hear if you find it useful.  Apparently most people don't, which is why they're never on the lenses.

Duncan

angenieux_12_120_crank_01.jpg

angenieux_12_120_crank_02.jpg

angenieux_12_120_crank_03.jpg

angenieux_12_120_crank_04.jpg