Arriflex Miniature Duro-Pack Battery

Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

I scanned this brochure a long time ago and posted it here:

http://backglass.org/duncan/arri/paperwork/arri_miniature_duro_pack_battery.pdf

Well lo and behold, I actually ran across one of these setups on ebay a while back and snagged it!  It came with the single chargers not the multi one shown there, and the battery packs were full of leaking NiCd batteries.  But they had been recelled at least once before, meaning someone had already carved open the welded together cases and resealed them with gaffer's tape, which is A-OK by me!  Two of them were set up as the original 8V packs, and two had been upgraded to 12V, which makes them thicker, which is all the more reason to hold the lids on with tape - they couldn't have fit back together the original way anyway.

I recelled them with NiMh cells and cut off the socket from one of the mini chargers and connectorized it for use with my little universal Tenergy charger I use for everything.  It's a pretty slick little setup!  I'll add pics across a few posts.

Duncan

arri_mini_duro_pack_01.jpg

arri_mini_duro_pack_02.jpg

arri_mini_duro_pack_03.jpg

arri_mini_duro_pack_04.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here's how they did the 8V and 12V setups, which explains why the 12V setup is wider (AA batteries are taller than sub-C batteries).  To get the milliamphours desired, they put two AAs in parallel in every position, then did 10 of those pairs in serial, to add up to 12V.

Duncan

image.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

There's a special socket if you're using the shade and it's in the shoe already.  You take off the screw knob end of the shade, side the shade parts off the rail, slide this special socket on, then put everything back.  They even have little slots in the socket piece to clear the rivets on the end of the rail.

Duncan

arri_mini_duro_pack_08.jpg

arri_mini_duro_pack_09.jpg

Edited by Duncan Brown